A regular client of ours, was looking to develop a piece of land for residential use, and required a full and accurate Topographical Survey.
The Survey included:
- Levels / gradient
- Eaves and Ridge heights of properties adjacent to the site
Costs saved for the client:
The discussion with the client in regard to the site stated that: some development had commenced on a small part of the site and an access road (incomplete) and 2 dwellings were complete.
We recommended that a full survey of these would not be needed; but our survey will show the extent/boundaries of these features. The extent of these will be shown with levels/positions of the boundaries and outline of buildings and ridge / eave heights.
- A watercourse adjoined the site’s western boundary, and the client were worried whether we would be able to show the watercourse and/or distance from the boundary.
Easing the client’s worry, we showed the top of the river bank and the nearest bed level to site.
- As this survey didn’t comprise a tree survey, the client asked whether our survey would plot any significant trees or vegetation. As they were hoping the site to be totally clear of such things other than scrub.
We assured the client that any significant trees would be surveyed, but where these comprise a copse/wood, individual trees will not be surveyed unless specifically requested.
- The client required the Surveying work to be done as soon as possible.
We prioritised his work, and got the work done within 10 days (Including the weekends).
Besides the other points raised & discussed, the above points worked in reducing the cost of Surveying in the Client’s favour.
- Co-ordination of the survey was in accordance with Ordnance Survey datum using VRS GPS
- Detailing was carried out with Robotic Total Stations and VRS GPS
- Areas were to be surveyed during daylight hours
- Data processing “off-site” and the production of a three-dimensional points file for input into a CAD drawing package (AutoCAD) and Moss (Genio MX) using LSS survey software, information to be presented as Auto CAD 2D and 3D
- Trimble 5700 and R6 RTK GPS Trimble VRS GPS were used